GroundMatz – Ground Protection Mats
GroundMatz temporary roadway protection panels are a quick and affordable solution. With a unique anti-slip traction pattern and pleasing green colour, our panels will help prevent expensive damage and reinstatement costs to grassed or sensitive outside areas.
Our GroundMatz trackway panels are used daily throughout the UK across a wide range of industries including civil engineering, landscaping, golf course and sports field maintenance, holiday home parks, heritage and archaeological sites and a multitude of other applications. This enables more efficient and safer working conditions whilst at the same time promoting a more professional image to clients and customers.
We keep stock of temporary trackway panels for purchase and hire ready for immediate dispatch or collection, and can deliver using our own transport, nationwide pallet delivery companies or if you prefer, your own transport.
Our anti slip traction panels are available for temporary road hire at a rate of £1.00 per panel per day (subject to a minimum charge of £10.00 per panel) and a minimum order value of £250.00 excluding delivery and cleaning charges.
Further discounts available for high quantity / longer term hires – Simply contact us for a quotation.
Panels sent out are securely strapped to a timber pallet or steel stillage. A nationwide delivery service is available either via our own transport or the pallet delivery network, with each pallet holding a maximum of 50 panels and weighing approximately 2000 kg. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to to provide suitable pallet-lifting machinery.
The hire charge includes two single metal joiners per panel and double joiners when required. As with other temporary roadway hire systems, our panels are not suitable for use with steel tracked excavators as the tracks are likely to damage the traction lugs on the panels.
Volume discounts are available – Contact us for a Quotation.
Our ground protection mats are ideal to use in grassed or sensitive grounds conditions. Our products are extremely cost effective and available to buy at very competitive prices.
Each ground protection mat sent out is securely strapped to a timber pallet, each of which can hold up to a maximum of 30 panels. Weighing approximately 1200kg, single, double and ‘U’ metal joiners can be supplied if necessary, or alternatively, strong black cable ties. As with all temporary roadway systems, our panels are not suitable to use with steel tracked excavators as this could result in damage to the panels.
ORDER UP TO 160 MATS ONLINE NOW
Need more than 160 mats – Volume discounts are available Get a Purchase Quotation
Single Steel Joiner £1.50/ea
Single panel joiner used when a more permanent access track is needed. These joiners are supplied in a bare metal finish.
Double Steel Joiner £4.50/ea
Double joiner used to connect four panels together at the corners. Supplied in a bare metal finish.
Steel ‘U’ Joiner £2.50/ea
Use when you are installing the panels on sloping ground to prevent the panels moving under load. Supplied in a bare metal finish.
Pack 100 HD Cable Ties £20.00/pack
Extra heavy duty cable ties 580mm long. An economical way of joining panels together when steel joiners are not warranted. Can be fitted when the panels are in place on the ground – simply pull the ties tight and cut off the excess tail.
- Easily handled and laid by two men – size 2470mm x 1235mm x 14mm – weight 38Kg per panel – no need for expensive crane wagons
- Not liable to be stolen from un-protected sites as our panels have virtually no scrap value
- Lay as two parallel tracks, as a single roadway or link together to form parking or compound areas
- Extremely durable to withstand vehicle weights up to 40 tonnes (dependant upon underlying ground bearing capacity)
- Easily cleaned due to less aggressive lug pattern
- Panels easily cut and drilled with normal woodworking tools
- Link together with steel joiners. HD cable ties or plastic links. Use U joiners on sloping or cambered ground
- Use over and over – lasts for many years – will outlast plywood many times over
- Ideal for grass protection, ground protection, temporary roads, temporary car parks and compound areas
- Tested in extremes of hot and cold climates