TruckPave – Heavy-Duty Porous Plastic Pavers
Manufactured from recycled plastics, TruckPave cellular paving is robust, durable and capable of withstanding all levels of traffic up to and including coaches, dustcarts and HGVs.
TruckPave’s cells can be filled with either grass seed/topsoil or gravel, making them suitable for stabilising areas where a grass or stone surface is desirable. TruckPave ground reinforcement grid pavers are the economic, environmentally-friendly and a lightweight alternative to concrete grasscrete-type pavers.
TruckPave heavy duty pavers should be installed onto a well-prepared, free-draining, firm and relatively-level stone sub-base (a reduced-fines Type 3 for example). The sub-base is overlaid with geotextile filter/separator followed by 20mm of coarse sand as a bedding layer for the pavers.
Once laid, the paver cells can be filled with a free-draining stone (e.g. 10mm gravel) or a good, clean, friable top soil and grass seed at 30/40 g/m2. The cells should not be overfilled so remove excess topsoil or stone from the surface. The topsoil settlement that will occur within the paver cells is desirable as this will allow grass growth without direct impact from traffic. Perimeter pavers should be restrained using pinned timber sleepers or precast kerbs. The pavers can be cut with a hand saw or power cutter for fitting around obstructions. The whole area should be compacted with either a plate vibrator or a small roller.
TruckPave has been designed for applications such as:
- Lorry, coach and car parks
- Emergency fire access roads
- HGV service access roads
- Road widening
- Grass verges, including where HGV overrun occurs
- Service yards and other areas where forklift trucks operate
- Lay bys
- Loading areas
- Complies with the HSE manual-handling limit (concrete units exceed this limit)
- Tongue and groove interlocking for additional stability
- Meets SLW60 load category – vehicles up to 60t gross weight, 10t wheel load
- Flexible and resistant to cracking unlike concrete alternatives
- Because of its insulating qualities, plastic achieves greatly improved volume and quality of grass compared to concrete units
- High compressive strength
- Pavers do not transfer heat and dry out soil infill
- Harmless to plants and animals
- Environmentally friendly – manufactured from recycled plastics
- Non-standard colours can be manufactured subject to order quantity